5 Steps for choosing the perfect pump
As a new mom, you have a lot of decisions to make. From diapers to strollers and everything in between, it can be overwhelming. But there's one choice you don't have to make on your own: your breast pump. Whether you're breastfeeding or pumping, it's important to find a pump that is comfortable, easy to use, and fits your needs. Here are five simple steps to help you choose your perfect breast pump:
- Consider your comfort: Pumping should be a fulfilling experience, not a painful one. If your pump hurts (after you've checked fit and size), it's not the right pump for you.
- Look for a quiet pump: If you plan to pump at night or in the office, you'll want a pump that is as quiet as possible. Electric pumps are generally quieter than manual pumps.
- Choose a pump with easy assembly: Some pumps can be complex to assemble, especially if you need to sanitize the parts in between pumping sessions. Look for a pump that is easy to assemble and disassemble.
- Check for replaceable parts: If you lose or break a part of your pump, you don't want the whole device to become unusable. Make sure the pump you choose has easily replaceable and purchasable parts.
- Consider a pump with a suckling mechanism: The Annabella breast pump uses a suckling mechanism to stimulate milk production, rather than the traditional sucking mechanism used in most pumps. This can be a more comfortable and effective option for some moms.
By following these simple steps, you can find a breast pump that is perfect for you and your baby. Happy pumping!